Advisory Council on Teacher Mobility, Recruitment and Migration
Set up in response to a call from Commonwealth Education Ministers in Malaysia in June 2009, the Commonwealth Advisory Council on Teacher Mobility, Recruitment and Migration is tasked with increasing awareness of the 2004 Commonwealth Teacher Recruitment Protocol.
- Her Excellency Ms Kamela Palma, High Commissioner of Belize (Chair)
- Christine Blower, General Secretary of the National Union of Teachers UK
- Dr Tara del Mel, Former Secretary of the Ministry of Education, Sri Lanka
- Prof Michael Omelewa, Former Ambassador of Nigeria to UNESCO
- Mr William Ratteree, Education Sector Specialist at the International Labour Organization
- Prof Michael Samuel, Dean of the Faculty of Education, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Dr Mehander Singh, Principal Assistant Director of Teacher Education Division, Ministry of Education, Malaysia
- Mr Dennis Sinyolo, Senior Coordinator at Education International
- Hon Matthew Wale, Minister of Education & Human Resource Development, Government of Solomon Islands
- Mr Peter Williams, Hon Secretary of the Commonwealth Consortium for Education
- Dr Pauline Greaves, Head of Education, Commonwealth Secretariat
Her Excellency Ms Kamela Palma, Belize's High Commissioner to the United Kingdom since 2008, was appointed to chair the Advisory Council by its members at the inaugural meeting on 23 June 2010 at Stoke Rochford Hall in Lincolnshire, UK.
Click here to read a news report about the Advisory Council's inaugural meeting.
Download the Statement:
Statement - Inaugural meeting of the Commonwealth Advisory Council on teacher mobility, recruitment and migration
Download the Reports:
Report - Inaugural meeting of the Commonwealth Advisory Council on teacher mobility, recruitment and migration
Report - Second meeting of the Commonwealth Advisory Council on teacher mobility, recruitment and migration