What we do
For the next few years CYP will focus on these three strategic programme areas:
- Youth Enterprise and Sustainable Livelihoods
- Governance, Development and Youth Networks
- Youth Work Education and Training
Through these programme areas, CYP:
- Provides skills, resources and contacts for young people to create their own business ventures.
- Strengthens youth governance and youth networks so that they serve young people more effectively.
- Develops youth work as a profession.
- Works with governments to create value for contributions of young people to have a say in how their countries are run.
- Provides learning tools, models, Commonwealth experiences and best practices in youth development across countries and regions.
- Provides opportunities to use information and communication technology (ICT) to support young people and their development.
- Builds youth leadership and decision making.
- Helps young people play a greater part in economic and social development.
- Provides a platform for advocacy and mainstreaming youth development in the work of multilateral development agencies.